March 1, 2016 at 14:23 #4504
Recently I have been toying with the idea to start creating my own map for ATS. This idea is fueled by the lack of decent countryside and farmlands. Agriculture is a major industry in the US and although most of it takes place more to the inland, California still has it’s fair share of countryside and farmlands.
Here are some streetview and regular images I am talking about:
As I am completely new to mapping I’ll have to split the progress up in several parts. What I would like to accomplish in the first part:
Create a region with small roads. Along these roads I’ll place a few farms from which you can pick-up your freight, or deliver your freight. I will stick to using default prefabs and cargoes at first, but will hopefully be able to create my own prefabs and cargoes. So in the beginning cargoes will most likely be fruits. Which is fine I guess, fruits and nuts make up a big part of the Californian agriculture sector.
Hopefully my mapping and maybe even modding will improve and eventually I want to achieve the following:
– Be compatible with all major maps (like Alaska from Studio246)
– A region with small roads
– Several farms along these roads
– Several harvest operations along the fields
– A grain elevator to deliver freights to
– Bulk loads can be picked up either from a farm or from a harvest operation, and can be delivered to a grain elevator (or somewhere else)
– New bulk loads like wheat, corn, barley
– New grain trailers from brands like Merritt, Timpte, Cornhusker and Wilson
– New farm prefabs and harvest operation prefabs
Right now I’m still mastering the basics and looking for a good spot to create my map.
That’s it for now, just putting my idea on paper. I’ll post some screenshots when I’ve got something to show for.March 2, 2016 at 14:54 #4518
I am excited to see the first screens …;)
good luckMarch 3, 2016 at 11:34 #4553
Great idea! I will also be looking forward to the first screenshots
You know what would be cool, doing multiple small round trips and getting paid after trip number 5 for example. And too bad traffic is random, else we could even simulate more trucks doing the same round trips.March 14, 2016 at 13:53 #4562
Tiny tiny update. Last couple weeks I have been figuring out the editor and once you get the hang of it it’s not that bad. 😉 I expect to post some screenshots this week.January 21, 2017 at 13:59 #4748
So what gives your project, you abandoned ????
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.